Responsible for providing business and technical architectural guidance to development teams, business groups, and customers for existing and new products and services. The solutions architect develops technical capabilities that maximize customer value while differentiating GDIT from their competition in the marketplace. The solutions architect is responsible for the defining, designing, and implementing the full lifecycle of products and services. Responsible for defining a concept of operations and the procedures and tools required to enable delivery of products and services. Conducts analysis of alternatives on a variety of solutions to determine the best solutions to support overall business goals and objectives. Implements and tests solutions using Infrastructure as code and industry best practices. Self-starter able to recommend areas of focus and provide solutions to enterprise issues.
· Supports business by developing technical and business solutions.
· Identify solutions based on business and technical criteria.
· Research current and emerging technologies and process methodologies and proposing changes and tailoring where needed.
· Assess the system and business process architectures currently in place and works with staff to recommend improvements.
· Develop, enhance, and maintain established service design procedure and process by applying process frameworks and methodologies.
· Prepare and present test plan, technical presentations, and analyst briefings.
· Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives, and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform, and network configurations.
· Provide updates to stakeholders on project cost, schedule, and quality in comparison to stakeholder objectives.
· Provides expert guidance and leadership to less-experienced colleagues.
· May serve as a task or project leader. (Not a people manager)
· Must have extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (Terraform and Ansible)
· AWS Scripting Experience (JSON, YAML, Python, or Bash)
· Experience with deploying microservices such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, or AWS EKS (preferred)
· Recommends and implements solutions to enterprise cloud management problems
· Recommend cloud services based on customer requirements
· BA/BS (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field)
· 10+ years of experience
· AWS certification, Profession preferred
The likely salary range for this position is $160,000 - $240,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.