Mainframe Operating System
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We are currently seeking a Mainframe Systems Administrator.
Candidates should have 8+ years of experience with expertise in the skills/duties listed below:
• Provided operational support for the Data Control and Operation teams. Supports Data Control functions that include elevation requests, scheduling change requests, and ad hoc requests.
• Supports daily production batch processing and other operational activities. Support efforts to track system and operational KPI‘s for the monthly metrics report.
• Update run books and escalation procedures in preparation of lights out operation.
• Provide operational support for major application deployments and system upgrade. Adjust schedule to accommodate these activities.
• Review and update all standard operation procedures to ensure smooth transition to reduced staff and lights out operation.
• Monitor the system and manage production batch workflow. Ensure SLAs are met on System availability.
• Review, approve and ensure that the elevation requests are processed on a timely manner.
• Review, approve and ensure that scheduling change requests are processed on a timely manner.
• Review, approve and ensure that the ad hoc requests are processed on a timely manner.
• Produce monthly operational metrics report.
• Gather weekly changes and inform the business entities about the changes.
• Manage incidents, create tickets in Remedy Force system.
• Participate in daily turnover meetings with application developers to review batch incidents and resolutions.
• Provide off hour on call support for operation related incidents.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Customizable health benefits packages
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Rewards program for high-performing employees
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.