1. Oversee day-to-day workflow of subordinate team leads and production workers.
2. Assign employee tasks to maximize productivity, minimize costs, and maintain quality. 3. Attend customer meetings and may serve as primary customer liaison. 4. Reviews production schedules, material, and manpower resources. 5. Provide guidance and training to subordinate staff.
6. Reviews and compiles operations records, such as floor inspection reports and tool, equipment and supply usage, and safety reports. 7. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontract management. 8. Participates in the development of technical project plans, conducting ship checks, task proposals or estimates, task planning, providing recommendations for task workload, records, and task order and administrative reporting.
9. Participates in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures. 10. Requires knowledge/experience of shipyard WAF and lockout/ tagout procedures
11. Must be familiar with:
General specifications for Overhaul (GSO)
NAVSEA Standard Items
NAVSEA TS 9090-310H Alterations to Ships Accomplished by Alterations Teams
MIL-STD-2003 Electrical Plant Installation Standard Methods (EPISM)
MIL-STD-2042 Shipboard Fiber Optics Topology
MIL-STD-1310H Bonding and Grounding
MIL-STD-25B Ship Structure Symbol for Use on Ships Drawings
NAVSEA TS 9090-100A Liaison Action Record (LARS)
MIL-STD-1689 Fabrication, Welding, and Inspection of Ships Structure
MIL-STD-22D Weld Joint Design
Requires high school diploma or GED
Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
1. Requires 5+ years’ experience, including supervisory, shipboard electrical and structural installation experience. 2. Must be able to obtain a DBIDS Badge for access to Naval Bases, Naval Facilities, and private shipyards (BAE, NASSCO, etc.)
3. Must be a US Citizen
4.Travel may be required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.