This position offers an exciting opportunity supporting a real world mission in Seoul, South Korea “The Land of the Morning Calm”. South Korea is a very exciting place to be as it provides numerous opportunities for you, your family and friends to experience a great diverse culture of people, activities and foods. Being located in South Korea also lends itself to the convenience of being able to travel and visit surrounding countries such as Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, etc. This is truly a unique opportunity.
Proficient in English (Bi-lingual ability in Korean and English is preferred). This environment requires working with senior military officers of both the Korean and US militaries; therefore, prior experience working with the military is preferred.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Plan, design, install and maintain classified CENTRIXS-K data communications networks and provide computer systems support for United States and Republic of Korea Military and Civilian units on a 24/7 basis. Maintain and troubleshoot over 1000+ Cisco network equipment and a few thousands of computer systems.
7. Resolve network trouble tickets for CENTRIXS-K connectivity. Troubleshoot both hardware and software issues on computer systems and WAN communications equipment: routers, switches, fiber optic media converters, modems, and cryptographic devices (TACLANE and KIV-7). Coordinate with 1st Signal Brigade and Korean Telecom to resolve any circuit problems.
8. Fabricate, terminate and test site-specific Category 5e/6 and Multi-mode / Single-mode fiber optic cabling, using fiber optic tool kit.
9. Build CENTRIXS-K circuits by assembling the WAN communications equipment and programming routers, switches, KG175D, KIV-7s and modems.
10. Build or image CENTRIXS-K and GCCS-J workstations.
11. Maintain network diagrams and cable runs (in accordance with DIACAP standards).
12. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
13. Conduct site surveys and provide network engineering solutions to C4I customers.
14. Supervise and coordinate with a local Korean Protected Distribution System (PDS) contractor for classified network installations and provide in progress Quality Control.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
16. Participates in special projects as required. ,"
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
-Required: Security+ CE certifications-Required: Ability to obtain a Driver's License in Korea-Required: Windows 10 / CCNA certifications-Required: ITILv3 Foundation (within 3 month of hire)-Plus: Bi-lingual (English & Korean) and NIPRNet IMO training / experience
#cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #dpost #GDITRecruiter
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.