This candidate will support then COVID 19 program in Division of Emergency Operations for CDC. This will be a high-energy, fast paced role requiring: 1. Leverage existing partnerships to identify, develop, and rapidly disseminate messages and resources to assist in responding to education or information needs.
2. Facilitate coordination among internal CDC partners working with internal organizations to identify opportunities for collaboration in amplifying response-related messages.
3. Identify gaps in messaging to diverse audiences, coordinating and collaborating with appropriate internal and external partners to fill those gaps.
4. Coordinate and tailor message(s) across communication systems, platforms, web, and channels to ensure full promotion of a communication message/announcement.
5. Tailor information strategy to enhance knowledge and skills, promote and protect health, strengthen trust, and minimize misinterpretation.
6. Work with the responder training team, PTEE, and response leadership, including the incidence response chief of staff to create, vet, and update and edit evaluation-related documents and templates for diverse audiences.
7. Understand the CDC and Division of Emergency Operations clearance process for communication products.
8. Coordinate timely submission of communication products for clearance, as necessary.
9. Ensure documents, images, templates, and information products are written in plain language and meet 508 compliance, as needed
10. Participate in post-response meetings and contributes to reports and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate.
Skills: public health experience, plain language experience, flexible, upward and downward management experience.
Degree: Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Health. 5 plus years of experience writing and editing.MS Office Suite.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.