1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex Anti-Submarine Warfare Tactical watchstander training programs, facilitating training and understanding to officer and senior enlisted students on Underwater Acoustics, Aegis Platforms with SQQ-89A(V)-15 SONAR System, Rotary and Fixed Wing ASW Assets, and U.S. Subsurface Capabilities and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews ASW course content and objectives.
3. Provide assistance to government representatives / stakeholders with determining applicability of current Anti-Submarine Warfare tactics, underwater acoustics, SONAR principles, environmental analysis, and exploitation including Tactical Oceanography.
4. Maintains records of training activities (via Integrated Performance Assessment Tool), participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Provides instructor training on the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 SONAR system to officer ASWE and SSAS students in Planning and Tactics topic areas and assists in the planning, set up, and management of the SQQ-89A(V)-15 SONAR Suite during laboratory scenario exercises.
6. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as ASW technical team or task lead.
8. Conducts research into new ASW training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Position may require travel to instruct at other learning sites or off-shift hours as required to support customer.
Your resume must demonstrate at least five (5) years of specialized shipboard ASW experience as either an Officer or Senior Enlisted SONAR Technician Operator/Operations Specialist with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a senior level training environment. Experience as a prior qualified ASWE or SSAS or Weapon Tactics Instructor (WTI) who has served on an Aegis ship and/or has experience in Anti-Submarine Warfare planning is a significant plus.
Of the five years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Must be a US Citizen.
You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal. This position requires a Secret security clearance.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.