Designs evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
Senior Engineer to provide electrical test and inspection (T&I) of the customer's and partners' electronics and electro-mechanical equipment and products.
1. Performs equipment configuration, equipment programming, test instruction, documentation, and evaluation of new and existing mission partner equipment.
2. Troubleshoots items, to the sub-assembly level, that fail testing and provide written documentation to help analyze or determine best practices to correct issues with failing equipment or identify issues that cause failures in equipment or test procedures.
3. Participates in early involvement activities with mission partners to identify issues and provide insight to testing and calibration parameters.
4. Configures and operates various electronic test equipment such as power supplies, meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, waveform generators, I/O equipment, and other measurement equipment.
5. Conducts Operational Readiness test and inspection of incoming and outgoing technical operations equipment.
6. Applies test methodology and equipment knowledge to improve, recommend change, and provide solutions to the customer's Capabilities Roadmap.
7. Provides inspection, vetting, and validation services of various technical operations equipment.
8. Maintains and recommends solutions for calibration roadmap.
9. Develops, maintains, and updates testing software for automated testing.
10. Initiates and executes the development of multiple automated test and inspection platforms.
11. Creates and updates test plans and procedures as directed.
12. Assesses new developments consistent with electronic test equipment calibration and metrology in general.
BS in any discipline
5+ years of customer experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.