We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Bilingual Case Coordinator joining our team to support CUSTOMER activities, in the Harlingen, TX metro area.
Thoroughly reviews, assesses, and completes third party release recommendations related to family reunification options.
Visits care provider sites to conduct weekly staffing reviews.
Confers weekly with customer staff and direct care providers to discuss cases employing perspectives from child welfare, juvenile justice, and mental health in adherence with policy.
Writes reports on progress and tracking/elevating issues related to program trends.
Assists care providers to recognize potential victims of trafficking.
Provides technical assistance to grantees related to policies and procedures
This position is psychically based in Harlingen, TX. While you may work from home, you will be handling cases in the Harlingen, TX and surrounding areas, and remotely dependent on need.
• The Case Coordinators shall have a Master’s degree in Social Work or a social sciences related discipline and at least two years of demonstrated postgraduate child welfare experience.
• Alternatively, Case Coordinators shall have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a social sciences related discipline and at least five years of postgraduate demonstrated child welfare experience.
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (will be tested)
• Prior experience working with immigrant youth and families is highly preferred (case management, psycho-social assessments, direct mental health therapy, etc.). Juvenile justice experience can be a differentiator.
• You will need to undergo fingerprint & child abuse/neglect checks and successfully clear a Tier 2 Public Trust Investigation for this role.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.