Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
F5/BIG-IP Subject Matter Expert - TS/SCI required
Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Administrator Expert with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Administrator Expert you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Administrator Expert joining our team.
HOW A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR EXPERT WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● F5 BIG-IP Administrator is to identify BIG-IP Traffic Processing Objects
● Assist in managing load balance traffic and viewing statistics and logs
● Configure virtual servers and pools and monitor BIG-IP configuration states and files
● Administrators must have a proper understanding of traffic management shell hierarchical structures and their navigation
● Administrators are responsible for shutting down and restarting BIG-IP Systems
● Save and replicate configuration data and oversee its transition onto a BIG-IP System
● Administrators must additionally map IP addresses with NATs and resolve routing issues with SNATs
● Have the ability to create a SNAT auto map within a virtual server and manage pools and their members as well as node statuses
● Use network maps and understand profile types and dependencies
● Administrators must introduce source address affinity persistence and cookie persistence, and they must manage object states and handle SSL offloads and re-encryptions
● Responsible for High-Speed Logging Filters and HSL Configuration Objects
● Administrators should have an understanding of how to use TCPDUMP on BIG-IP Systems
● Deliver high availability services within the local LAN/MAN/WAN, you will provide load balancing administration and support for intelligent DNS routing between enterprise locations/data centers.
● Troubleshoot network problems, network device configurations and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate connectivity issue resolution
● Design technical solutions
● Participate in the development and support of customer technical requirements
● Champion a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building positive relationships
● System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
● Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies i.e. Application Delivery Control, Application Access Control, SSL intercept/inspection, and Web Application Firewall Security.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Proven grasp of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security (e.g., Layer 4-7, firewall, DDoS, etc)
● Ability to Participate in the development and support of customer technical requirements
● F5/BIG-IP industry certification
● DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
● Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
● Computing Environment certification: Red Hat Certified System Admin (RHCSA) or equivalent
Security Clearance Level:
● TS/SCI required
● Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
● High School Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 6 years of experience
● On Customer Site
● Travel may be required in support of customer's mission requirements.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
#gditpriority #i2ts3 #GDITArmy
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack - Red Hat
CompTIA A+ - CompTIA - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.