Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Desire; interest and proven capabilities to operate in a fast-paced team environment with distributed areas of expertise.
3. A proven ability to initiate; investigate and solve technical issues with minimized technical oversight.
4. Strong problem solving and debugging skills towards the identification and resolution of software issues.
5. A key interest and proven pursuit of a strong desire to increase scope and depth of technical expertise.
1. Programming languages Ada; C++
2. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above
3. Operating systems - Windows 7; RedHat or other Linux Shell administration and programming
4. Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus Experience or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Experience
5. VMWare Administration
6. Strong programming skills and experience with Matlab and Simulink; especially the following: Real-Time Workshop; SimPowerSystems; Stateflow; StateflowCoder.
7. Experience working in a CMMI environment
8. Experience designing; developing; deploying and maintaining software based simulations.
Travel will be required; approx. 20-30% travel is not out of the ordinary.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.