Provides overall operational support for the Global Enterprise Fabric (GEF) mission, ensuring communication between operations floor and government leadership. Is the direct representative of GEF and is responsible for management, addressing, escalation, and tracking of any incidents impacting GEF. Will work directly with the Operations Capability Manager (CM) either jointly or independently to ensure all tasks are addressed meeting mission requirements.
Manage the BC and Information Management Officer (IMO) personnel schedules and shift coverage. Provide guidance and direction to BCs and IMOs for daily task and assignments. Review, edit, distributes, and maintain the GEF Daily Status Brief. Review, edit, and manage Operations center TTPs, SOPs and procedures. Act as the backup for the Operations Capability Manager (CM) and provide shift coverage as needed. Communicate will other team leadership concerning manning requirements, personnel issues impacting operations, and completion of all assigned tasks.
· DISS access (clearance verification)
· Provide oversight of the operations floor
· Submit, track, and monitor ITSM (Remedy) tickets
· SME for providing tier 1 support and triage
· Oversee management of security for all rooms under GEF responsibility
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers, physical office location, and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Processes, tracks, and manages account documentation.
5. Maintains system documentation
6. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
7. Tracks hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
8. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
9. Coordinates and participates in coordination meetings as required.
10. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
11. Provides advice and training to end-users.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required
14. Responsible for all documentation and items stored in the operations safe
10+ years of directly related experience
MA/MS or equivalent experience
Ability to support Shift work 365*24*7 and on-call
Obtain and hold Secret Security Clearance
8570 certification: IAT Level II Certification, e.g., Security+ CE
Computing environment certification in either ITIL, MCP, CCT, VCA or similar technology within 6 months of hire
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.