Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies. At General Dynamics Information Technology, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, its often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, its waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you'll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, research and design and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer developing and enhancing software systems
- Minimum of 3 years developing object-oriented software applications in Java (version 1.8 or higher)
- Minimum of 2 years of Web Development in Angular 2+ or ReactJS
- Minimum of 2 years with Mongo or relational databases
- Familiarity with Java Frameworks (i.e. Spring, Spring Data, Spring Boot)
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that are just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as its discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelors in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
What sets you apart:
- Proficienta knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
- Ability to resolve significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.