Assists higher level program/project manager in directing the project lifecycle by assisting in development of comprehensive project plans to include both long- and short-range goals and milestones. Identifies, acquires and utilizes company resources to achieve project technical objectives. Directs a project team usually within a matrixed organization while monitoring and encouraging functional organizations to complete milestones within specific budgets and schedules. May interface with external customers as well as top management for the purpose of communicating status of project throughout lifecycle. Trains and directs employee work activities..
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Significant knowledge of complex project management tasks and ability to develop standards and processes for scheduling, administration and accounting; assist managing project staff
· Able to assist Program Manager with effectively monitoring budgets and controlling funding expenditures
· Strong business communication skills in order to effectively articulate policy, interface with other departments at all levels and manage staff
· Detail oriented and organized; able to understand work problems and procedures
· Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
· Ensures work products are accurate and complete
· May be responsible for assisting monitoring project budget
· Provides technical guidance and leadership to subordinate staff
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
1. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers.
2. Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
3. Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.