The Splunk/SIEM systems engineer associate will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the installation, configuration, testing, deployment and ongoing O&M life-cycle support of Splunk enterprise solution. Activities may include OS level system administrator tasks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Install, configure, test and maintain assigned applications, software and system management tools · Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
· Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
· Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and develop/implement fixes
· Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
· Write and maintain installation, configuration, operation, and other support documentation over and above vendor provided documentation that details system, application, security, and operational procedures specific to the operating environment.
· Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
· Provide Tier 2 and 3 level support
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel to address application performance issues, user interaction, and support production operational activities and problem resolution
Bachelor's Degree + 0 years' experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
TS/SCI clearance with a Poly is required.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
DoD 8570 Certification Required for this Opening (Security+ and experience in an OS/Platform). This certification is required to support operational tasks. Candidates must obtain this certification within 3 months of starting.
Must be comfortable operating in a fast paced environment and have the ability to redirect focus/efforts on short notice to accommodate support of other operational teams as directed by management.
Working experience/understanding in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux and/or Windows based environments. Understanding virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box) Understanding of monitoring systems Understanding of automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef) Scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python) Understanding of general enterprise networking concepts (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Understanding of data analytics
Experience with Information Systems, Databases, programming or systems engineering is ideal.
Experience in ticket management system like JIRA, ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus.
Linux/Unix experience is not required, but is a plus. Background in networking and security is a plus.
Experience with Splunk, Databases, Systems Management and Systems Engineering is ideal
Splunk Fundamentals 1 completed
Windows and/or linux based scripting
Web page development Instructional System Design/Training Delivery Project Management
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.