The Security Operations Center Analyst responsibilities include:
· Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
· Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security devices and applications using the security information event management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device consoles provided.
· Document evidence of system security compromise, generate of trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous activity.
· Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank, and escalate incidents.
· Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
· Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations.
· Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior leadership; provide analysis for correlated information sources.
· Maintain proficiency in the use and production of visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database queries.
· Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
· Provide recommendations based on best practice and experience to develop processes that will enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.
· Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Frequent interaction with government client is required.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
· In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
· Minimum six (6) years IT experience AND
· Must have three (3) years’ experience network security analysis, using intrusion detection systems.
· Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet level.
· Firewall administration experience
· Experience with intrusion detection sensors.
· CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to two year experience).
· Skills and experience using leading security monitoring and information management tools such as Splunk, Tenable, and WebInspect
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.