Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Using DRA (Air Force Admin Website) join desktops/laptops to the domain, unlock user accounts, add users to groups, remove computers/laptops from domain and change descriptions for computers/laptops.
Re-image new computers with the required Standard Desktop Configuration, SDC.
Set up Outlook accounts for new users and publish their certificates in the security settings.
Create Home and PST folders on designated servers and map them for the users.
Provide desktop support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro Systems - software and hardware, and provide end user support/education as needed.
Record all calls/trouble tickets in Remedy automated call tracking system.
Perform hardware diagnostics and repair on peripherals (scanners and printers)
Answers the Help Desk phone and responds to the users complaints.
Install and relocate end-user devices.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and 4 years of relevant work experience
or any Bachelor's degree and 6 years of relevant work experience
or 10+ years of relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10+ years of relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Requires, at a minimum, Security+CE Certification.
Active Final Secret security clearance desired, but Interim Secret required for consideration to this position.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.