Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with all relevant safety and environmental regulations.
1. Monitors the workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant safety and environmental regulations. Will be required to complete sampling and reporting documentation that supports site permits.
2. Assists in the development of safety policies and procedures and administers employee safety training for fabrication and production shop.
3. Maintains all files and records including material safety data sheets and other paperwork ensuring compliance.
4. May interface with regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains appropriate safety and environmental documentation.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience, preferably in the occupational health and safety field.
Shipyard Competent Person; OSHA Training Institute (OTI) courses or NAVSEA approved equivalents: 5410; Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Maritime Industry, 3095; Electrical Standards, 3115; Fall Protection, 521; OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene. Knowledge of VA DEQ stormwater and air permitting required.
Will require 10% or less travel.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Florida, Montana, Tennessee, Texas, or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.