Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer, Associate maintaining Tactical/Commercial generators and HVAC systems in Korea. Successful applicant must have an active U.S. Government issued SECRET clearance, a valid passport, be a self-starter, and have a high degree of craftsmanship\quality in their work.
How the Generator/HVAC Mechanic will make an impact:
- Perform maintenance and sustainment on 3-kW to 200-kW, 50\60\400hz generators involving installation and removal of generators from fixed and mobile locations, troubleshoots and rebuilds engines, alternate current (AC) systems, direct current (DC) systems, electronic control systems and other program logic controls, electrical wiring and accessories.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC, Chillers, and Environmental Control Units.
- Maintain all types of power commercial generation equipment; military spec generators and Uninterrupted Power Systems (UPS).
- Rebuild and repair generator engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, fuel pumps, torque heads, belts and hoses.
- Test batteries, fuel and coolant.
- Use precision test equipment including various electrical meters, micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Environmental Protection Agency EPA 608 Universal certificate.
- Knowledgeable of generator parallel systems and switch gear.
- BA/BS plus 2 years’ experience, AA/AS/plus 4 years’ experience, or a High School diploma and 7 years’ experience.
- Active U.S. Government SECRET clearance.
- US passport must not expire for at least 2 more years and must have at least 4 blank pages in it.
- Valid driver’s license.
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Section 608 Technician Certification - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.