Data Communication Networks
Telecommunications Network Design
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer Senior to help support the DLA LAN Support program in Columbus Ohio.
As a Telecommunications Engineer Senior, you will be working on-site in Columbus Ohio in a hybrid set up. You will be responsible for the tasks assigned to you by work orders, incidents, change requests, or other work requests to complete assigned tasks. The implementation of the standardization of NIPR and SIPR networks.
HOW A TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• Configuring and deploying devices in accordance with DLA LAN standards.
• Providing technical support for enterprise-wide LAN technology refreshes and upgrades.
• Completing site surveys to determine or confirm deployment requirements and facility limitations.
• Draft, maintain, and implement installation and technical design plans.
• Develop and submit ECRs, ITRs, NSO requests, after action reports, as-built diagrams, test plans, and test reports, weekly activity reports.
• Installation, testing, configuring, and transitioning to sustainment of DLA network equipment.
• Complete work in accordance with assigned Work Orders and Incidents as well as approved CR activities and tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED – REQUIRED:
● CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
● CLEARANCE: Secret
DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant (CompTIA Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, etc).
CCNA or CCNA-E
● EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree + 5 years experience OR a High School Diploma + 9 years experience
● YEAR’S EXPERIENCE: Must have 5 years of telecommunications experience with at least 3 years of local area network experience
● TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Configuring and deploying devices in accordance with DLA LAN standards.
Providing technical support for enterprise-wide LAN technology refreshes and upgrades.
Completing site surveys to determine or confirm deployment requirements and facility limitations.
Draft, maintain, and implement installation and technical design plans.
Develop and submit ECRs, ITRs, NSO requests, after action reports, as-built diagrams, test plans, and test reports, weekly activity reports.
Installation, testing, configuring, and transitioning to sustainment of DLA network equipment.
Complete work in accordance with assigned Work Orders and Incidents as well as approved CR activities and tasks.
● SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
● LOCATION: Onsite in Columbus, Ohio
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching - Cisco Systems
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.