In support of a DoD customer, the System Administrator will be proficient in IT Architecture using system engineering conventional, agile, or model based methodologies. The successful candidate will: • Monitors system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
• Performs legacy and cloud O&M administration.
• Solves legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
• Maintaining and developing a Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Environment (RHEV).
• Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for new server builds.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software problems with AIX, HP-UX and Redhat servers.
• Providing escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
• Writing custom start scripts for various applications.
• Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
• Working on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
• Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
• Ensuring proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities
Education requirement AA/AS
6+ years of experience
The following skills / prerequisites are required:
Excellent verbal (Phone customer interaction skills) and written communication skills.
Experience with general information technology.
Willingness to work in Northern Virginia (west of Tysons Corner up to and including Dulles Airport Vicinity)
Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary Computing Environment (CE) for certification
Experience with WAN / LAN / Networking Technologies.
Experience with MS Windows, Linux, or Solaris Administration.
Experience with LAN Cabling (CAT5, Fiber, Ethernet etc.)
Experience using SolarWinds or other IT Management system
Experience using ServiceNow or other ticket-tracking system
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification -BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.