We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a SOFTWARE ENGINEER joining our team to support the AIRBORNE ATDL PROGRAM and MIDS Program Office Software Support Activity (SSA) at NIWC Pacific, Point Loma Navy Base, San Diego, CA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a SOFTWARE ENGINEER supporting NIWC PAC 53522, a typical day may include:
• Working with SSA Lead and USG team performing test, evaluation, analysis, troubleshooting of Tactical Data Link Software Defined Radios (SDR)
• Testing for functionality and interoperability using relevant TDL/ATDL test tools
• Updating software code base to test variety of requirements with radios
• Updating C++ code developed using Green Hills Software MULTI Integrated Developers Environment (IDE)
• Working in LAN (local area network) environment with networked PCs
• Performing hardware set up of radios with terminals and/or panels to enable communications between radios and virtual machines
• Writing and/or executing various software tests with radios
• Performing software testing using a scenario reader application
• Documenting and reporting test results
• May require writing software programs using C++ or Python on PC platforms
BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 2+ years of experience
Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR) and TDL/ATDL test tools
Active Secret clearance required, Top Secret eligible
Ability to work 100% on site government Navy base at Point Loma, San Diego in a secure lab environment.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics with a minimum of 4 years technical experience with DOD tactical systems. Current technical experience (within the last 3 years) in Tactical Communications Systems to include TDL, ATDL, SDR, and/or related C4I systems at the systems level. Desired TDL, ATDL, and SDR Test and Evaluation (T&E) experience to include analyzing test requirements; T&E planning, developing traditional and Mission-Based test procedures, providing for traceability of requirements, test execution, post-test analysis and generating test reports. T&E experience should include testing for functionality and interoperability using relevant TDL/ATDL test tools.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Competitive and broad benefits package
Full-time, 40-hour work week, 9/80 schedule
Project offers autonomy, challenging work, and team environment
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.