Business Intelligence Tools
Data Warehousing (DW)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
- Administer multiple databases in AWS Cloud including NoSQL (i.e. MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc)
- Backup and restore databases
- Configure databases for scaling and high availability
- Manage database storage
- Manage database monitoring and alerting
- Design and implement new databases and refactor existing databases
- Implement Business Intelligence solutions, improve query performance and reorganize data structures and indexes
- Build data warehouse solution to roll-up and summarize data
- Maintains scripts and queries in source control
- Database requirements gathering and validation
- Interface with external systems using message queues
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to obtain and verify data for new and existing database
- Develops and performs structured queries as needed; designs, develops, modifies and generates specific reports upon request; creates tables, queries, and forms; and provides hard copies as requested
- Design ensure the quality, accuracy, and consistency of all database entries
- Receives and logs incoming/outgoing data products
-Verify and check data received for incomplete and missing data. If necessary, work with data providers to acquire corrected data
- Creates and maintains documentation or users' guides for each database and trains designated personnel on use of databases, as needed
- Designs with database security by controlling database access permissions and privileges while complying with regulatory requirements
- Coordinates scheduled maintenance
- Implement database Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs)
- Performance tuning databases including creating indexes and optimizing caching
- Assists in the integration/connectivity of multiple databases operating at multiple independent levels of security
- Final Secret clearance
- BS in related field or 7+ years of experience in lieu of degree
- DoD 8270 Level 1: COMPTIA Security + or higher
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experiences with DevSecOps and Agile Software development
- Strong attention to detail as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive/Independent thinker who is adaptable to evolving customer requirements and direction
- Experience administering, optimizing and creating database systems in AWS Cloud.
- Experience in database performing tuning (running traces and implementing indexes)
Nice to Haves:
- Configure Auto-scaling Groups (ASGs)
- ETL, Excel and Power BI tools experience
- Maintain interfaces with applications and troubleshoot issues
- Previous experience with US government and DoD networks
- Experience with data lakes
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
The likely salary range for this position is $88,200 - $132,300, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.