Seeking candidates to fill the position of Program Manager in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) Code 515 Machinery Control Systems (LHD/A, CG 47, AA, ESG) Branch in Philadelphia, PA.
1. Manage hardware and software development of machinery control system projects
2. Manage requirements development for hardware/software projects.
3. Assign and track tasking of team members
4. Managed Plan of Action and Milestons (PoAM) updates
5. Track and report progress of projects to upper management.
6.. Travel up to 10% is possible to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
7.Ability to collaborate with shipyards in order to validate the ship installation drawings are accurate
8. Managed the technical design, development, evaluation, validation, testing, installation and sustainment of the program.
9. Provide Mentorship
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
5-8 years of related engineering experience
Software skills Prefered – Matlab, Microsoft project, C/C++, Visual basic, Autocad, Jira, VMWare,Wireshark, Linux, Windows OS, SQL
Shipboard or industrial experience with development, testing, installation and maintenance of machinery control systems. 2+ year of experience with hardware/software prototyping or manufacturing experience. 2+ years of experience as a project manager/project lead of hardware/software systems.
Experience developing U.S. Navy shipboard machinery control systems. Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Doors Experience with following he US Navy System Engineering Process (SEP) or Capability Maturity Model Intergration (CMMI) Level 3 process .
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to attain one.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.