1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex Mine Warfare training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Conducts; assesses; and reviews Tiers II and below employee performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
7. Assigns; reviews; and promulgates Tier II and below instructors Certification and Qualification plans based on dynamic analysis of gaps in capabilities in their Mine Warfare Systems Element.
8. Reviews; Assigns; and Recommends approval of instructor qualification and certification plans per NAVEDTRA 135.
9. Conducts; assesses; and reviews Tiers II and below employee performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
10. As the Element Lead / Subject Matter Expert supports Course Reviews; Updates Curriculum; and changes IAW NAVEDTRA directives; providing feedback and tracking of items; conducts training analysis; and recommendation for course improvement.
11. Support pilot course review, gap analysis, and provide Mine Warfare Area Element review and recommendations to revise and correct training gaps.
12. Prepares; reviews; and develops Warfare Area element lesson plans and Instructor Guides
13. Conducts dynamic assessment of the Mine Warfare's supporting enlisted watch standers: analyzing their skills and abilities; providing formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement.
14. Develops position descriptions; reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier II below.
1. Seven (7) years relevant experience with Mine Warfare as technician or operator with responsibility for teaching/training the system to other sailors and managing and leading junior sailors.
2. One (1) year relevant experience as an instructor of Mine Warfare in a Naval Training Environment; and responsible for guiding the development of other instructors/trainers.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical or business discipline desired (not required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
Seven (7) years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs. Navy Master Training Specialist (NEC 9502) with: Seven (7) years of experience with the Mine Warfare Systems or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. Qualified as a Mine Warfare Evaluator on a MCM, MHC, or LCS class platform. One (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems. One (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives. Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.