Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with all relevant safety and environmental regulations.
1. Monitors the workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant safety and environmental regulations.
2. Assists in the development of safety policies and procedures and administers employee safety training.
3. Maintains all files and records including material safety data sheets and other paperwork ensuring compliance.
4. May interface with regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains appropriate safety and environmental documentation.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
AA/AS or equivalent experience
3+ years of related experience, preferably in the shipyard safety safety field.
Shipyard Competent Person; OSHA Training Institute (OTI) courses or NAVSEA approved equivalents: 5410; Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Maritime Industry, 3095; Electrical Standards, 3115; Fall Protection, 521; OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene.
Will require 10% or less travel.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.