Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Outreach and Communications Specialist, you will help ensure our customer effectively communicates their mission to a broad array of water sector stakeholders. Our work depends on an outreach and communications specialist joining our team to support coordination and delivery of webinars, plan for and attend conferences, and develop communications products that will inform water utility personnel and water sector partners and stakeholder organizations about our customer’s initiatives.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor of Arts
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Prior outreach and communication experience
● Required Skills and Abilities: Strong communication skills, strong organizational skills, technical writing, attention to detail
● Preferred Skills: Ability to work independently but also willing to receive and apply feedback provided by more senior team members
● Location: Remote
● Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
● Travel: 25% travel required
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Project Management Institute (PMI)
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.