1. Installs maintains repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices 2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems 3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment 4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance 5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems 6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel 7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation 8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems 9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians 10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned 12. Participates in special projects as required
1. Associate's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
2. Minimum 2 years experience developing ship integration drawings
3. Experience conducting ship checks in order to refine accuracy of engineering drawings
4. Experience editting engineering drawings (developing Red Lines)
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.