Are you a dynamic SAP professional looking for a new opportunity? Would you like utilize your SAP skills to do work that will challenge and engage you? Would you like to have an immediate impact and support our ships and sailors for the United States Navy? Are you seeking a long-term contract with the potential to work remotely 50% of the time?
GDIT is seeking Quality Assurance/Testing SAP Professionals to support efforts at the U.S. Navy Supply Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Working 50% remote; Potential for 4-day work weeks
This position requires extensive travel for those outside of the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania area, expected by the customer to be 50% of the work days at the worksite in Mechanicsburg, however it could be more than 50% of the work days. Travel requirements are subject to change. In addition, should this assignment meet the requirements for long-term taxable travel (more than 50% of the work days in a work location away from home state in a calendar year), travel expenses reimbursed by the company will be treated as income for tax purposes.
What will you be doing?
A Quality Assurance Tester serves as a team member providing software testing and quality control/quality assurance procedures and processes for software development projects. The Quality Assurance Tester evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies, develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products, writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing, and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. The Quality Assurance Tester reports orally and in writing to the Program Manager, Project Manager, contractor management, and government representatives.
A Testing Lead leads the above team.
NAVSUP BSC is a provider for IT, Information Management, and Information Systems preferred provider for architecture, integrating, sustaining and improving applications, information, and business process services to Navy, DOD, and others. GDIT supports BSC and the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program migration to SAP Business Suite. The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform will provide real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
Navy ERP ensures that our sailors receive the support they need to be a "Global Force for Good." By integrating complex business data into a single system, Navy ERP is laying the groundwork for improved management, performance, and readiness across the Navy enterprise. Navy ERP is replacing out-of-date, single-purposed business systems that cost millions of dollars and duplicate thousands of critical transactions. By retiring these older "legacy" systems, the Navy is becoming a more efficient business operation, suitable to an organization of over 700,000 people and $130 billion; ninth largest among comparably sized business enterprises in the United States. For the first time in Navy history, finance and supply will be fully integrated to provide real-time information to users worldwide.
As a Quality Assurance/Testing Analyst, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Executing regression test scripts within a Quality Assurance (QA) environment in a manual and automatic fashion to support scheduled and unscheduled releases
• Recording test results within the applicable tool
• Reviewing and loading test plans to validate functionality and requirements
• Reviewing design and technical packages to ensure quality and the proper processes are followed
• Leading / coordinating regression test events with program partners
• Developing / updating / maintaining automated test scripts based on test plans submitted by the systems integrators
• Performing upgrade / maintenance tasks of a test tracking tool
• Providing testing metrics to show progress of each regression test event
• Creating, updating, and maintaining test strategy, standard operating procedures, processes, policies, etc. surrounding regression test
• Utilizing WorkSoft technology to execute automated test scripts (CBTs)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• US citizenship; Ability to obtain and maintain an NACLC Clearance. Active DOD Secret clearance preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. Two years of demonstrated experience in QA/Regression testing of IT solutions may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
• One (1) year of technical experience applying software test and quality control/quality assurance management procedures, tracking and analyzing key metrics, monitoring quality procedures and participating in software reviews and testing. Demonstrates ability to work independently or under general direction.
• 2+ years of Federal ERP QA Testing or 2+ years of Federal ERP Regression Testing
• Testing Lead experience or QA/Testing Analyst experience
• 1+ years of SAP experience
Highly Desirable Technical and Professional Expertise
2+ years of Navy ERP QA Testing or 2+ years of Navy ERP Regression Testing
2+ years of SAP experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.