GDIT is seeking Network and Computer System Administrators Engineers at multiple levels (Junior, Journeyman and Senior), to support several $100M+ US Navy programs that provides full spectrum Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) technical support to the warfighter in the Continental United States (CONUS), Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), and in hazardous areas. These critical C5ISR solutions will support a broad range of Department of Defense (DoD) and non-DoD customers, including joint forces commands and disaster recovery/first responders. In support of this program, GDIT will perform and provide computer systems engineering services to perform tasks in support of assigned Distance Learning (DL) related technologies as well as a number of Mission Networks.
For the duties listed below, Senior candidates will be expected to have Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of most, if not all of the duties below, and will be expected to lead teams to accomplish those duties. Seniors will also be expected to lead, train and mentor Journeyman and Junior Administrators.
Journeyman candidates will be expected to be familiar with most of the tasks below, and to be able to accomplish the majority of them with minimal or limited supervision. Journeyman candidates may be asked to lead small teams to include other Journeyman and Junior Network Administrators.
Junior Network and Computer System Administrators will be expected to have the training and network knowledge to be able to participate in the following tasks, and to accomplish a number of the tasks with limited supervision.
Senior Network Engineers, at least ten (10) years of experience is required. Of the minimum ten (10) years of required experience, ten (10) years of the experience must be in designing local, regional, network systems and subsystems supporting voice, video, data, and imagery information. Additionally, Senior Network Engineers must have at least five (5) years of experience with leading teams to address complex projects. Ability to obtain Secret clearance at award.
Journeyman Network and Computer System Administrators, at least three (3) years of experience is required. Ability to obtain Secret clearance at award.
Junior Network and Computer System Administrators may have fewer than three (3) years of experience. Ability to obtain Secret clearance at award.
Senior Network and Computer System Administrator, a master’s degree in a Technical, IT or Computer Science discipline is required, or a bachelor’s degree and four additional years of experience beyond the 10-year requirement listed above.
Junior and Journeyman Network and Computer System Administrators, a Bachelors Degree in a Technical, IT or Computer Science Discipline is required, or an Associates Degree and four years of additional experience beyond the minimums.
Duties may include:
• Install, configure, and maintain an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
• Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
• Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
• Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. This may include:
• Prepare, maintain, and execute a system maintenance plan that defines how host-based security systems, engines, and policies will remain up to date.
• Define the plan for the maintenance of dashboards and monitoring system resources, establish performance recommendations, identify thresholds for reporting, and conduct reporting based on defined thresholds as documented in the systems maintenance plan.
• Support network operations, systems maintenance, anti-virus management, back-ups, patch management, and training as defined in the system maintenance plan.
• Maintain anti-virus software on all systems, ensure engines and definitions are up to date, and shall ensure scans are executed according to schedule as defined in the systems maintenance plan.
• Execute and maintain incremental and full backups of data and configuration of all systems, ship back-up tapes off-site to designated location, perform tests of backup restoration according to Government-defined schedule, and restore backed up information as defined in the systems maintenance plan.
• Maintain the patches on all hardware/software systems and prepare, maintain, and execute as defined in the systems maintenance plan.
• Conduct database administration to include ad-hoc, custom, canned reporting, data synchronization, log review management, performance monitoring, and database health optimization.
• Provide data synchronization that includes daily maintenance of connections to internal/external system interfaces and shall produce, process, and validate that data is exchanged and consumed successfully.
• Manage logs of all database activities and review, assess, and report/act upon logged information of database health and events.
• Conduct continuous health monitoring of database system architectures and review and optimize performance of triggers, stored procedures, and functions.
• Prepare, maintain, and execute a content management plan, receive, and distribute content to ensure availability where and when required, and execute version control on managed content.
• Monitor the content availability and functionality and shall troubleshoot identified issues in order to resolve or escalate.
Desirable Certifications: Cisco Certifications such as CCDA, CCNA, or CCNP, or CCIE.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.