Researches designs develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Experience with Linux operation system, Debian variant preferred.
3. Experience with single board computers (Raspberry pi, beagle bone, Gateworks etc.).
4. Demonstrated experience with USB and PCI bus communications protocols.
5. Familiar with working via the command line, and using serial communications (FTDI, JTAG, USB).
6. Knowledge of Linux kernel and how to build one from source code.
7. Familiar with open source wireless (WiFi) software (aircrack, kismet, hostapd, Wireshark etc.).
8. Knowledge of networking concepts and implementations (network interfaces, routers, gateways, IP cables, VPNs etc.).
9. Familiar with using commercial modems, and comfortable working with open source tools.
10. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
11. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
12. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
13. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
14. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
15. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
16. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
17. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
18. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
19. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
20. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
21. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
Experience with commercial Software Defined Radio. Experience with data encryption software and techniques.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.