Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
GDIT is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work on an exciting team developing special telecommunications solutions. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex network infrastructure and design. The candidate will define network architecture to support the implementation of a secure and reliable on-site network. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices are designed to meet industry accepted security requirements. Candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure and architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring network performance, and installations of hardware and software. The candidate should have experience in defining, maintaining, and upgrading the overall security posture of the networks. The candidate will also perform continuous scanning and remediation of network based vulnerabilities.
• Designs and plans network communications system
• Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
• Plans implementation of enhancements and security upgrades to the network
• Conducts hands-on setup, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of on-site network infrastructure
• Conducts testing of network infrastructure using industry practices
• Monitors network hardware operations to ensure properly functioning networks and capabilities
• Advises network users of hardware needs, configurations, and limitations
• Provides troubleshooting assistance and guidance to other team members as well as end users of the network(s)
• Provides detailed recommendations for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools
• Provides technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluates and reports on changing or end of life technologies to ensure capabilities of the network remain up to date and secure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
• 5+ years of experience configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting networks as a network engineer
• Experience in IPSec site-to-site VPN utilizing PKI (CA)
• Experience in Remote access VPN
• Experience configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN devices
• Thorough understanding of network routing concepts (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP MPLS)
• Basic understanding of QoS concepts
• Experience with network monitoring technologies
• Expertise in deploying Cisco, Palo Alto, or Juniper firewall Manager servers
• Experience engineering and deploying network firewall solutions
• Experience designing, engineering, and deploying controlled interfaces
• Ability to take customer requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions
• Ability to partner with systems administrators, storage administrators, and application developers to solve complex problems
• Complex problem management research and issue resolution
• Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting QoS in LAN or WAN devices
• Experience design, engineering, and deploying Multi-Factor Authentication solution
• Experience design, engineering, and deploying Zero-Trust solutions
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.