GDIT is seeking an experienced Alarm Systems Design Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include designing, planning, and evaluating alarm systems in accordance with Department of State policies and procedures. Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process; including documentation.
· Designs and evaluates new intrusion detection systems solutions to expand the security posture, in line with the Diplomatic Security requirements.
· Evaluates gaps in and provides documentation for currently in place systems.
· Analyzes new requirements and address documentation and equipment support as the requirements apply to them.
· Provides tier 3 and tier 4 troubleshooting support for existing systems.
· Evaluates weaknesses in current solutions and work with vendors on product improvement to benefit security and product life cycle.
· Provides market research and cost analysis reports on new solutions.
· Evaluates and tests new security solutions that fit within the Departments requirements.
· Provides strategic recommendations to the Department based on current outlook of market technologies.
· Provides troubleshooting and technical direction for work on the various electrical components and systems including digital and analog electronic systems and control systems.
· Consults with training personnel to develop training courses on intrusion detection systems.
· Coordinates systems and applications integration.
· Analyzes customer requirements and solves unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
· Provides expert knowledge for maintenance and upgrade of intrusion systems.
· Provides knowledge for IDS integrity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability.
· Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
· Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
· Maintains current and advanced knowledge of progressive and advancing technology as assigned.
· Designs and builds the hardware and software components for computer or telecommunications networks.
· Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
· May serve as a task or project leader. (Not a people manager).
· May consult with executives and customers to deliver complex network solutions.
· Be deployed to a field site to install, troubleshoot, and train personnel on intrusion detection systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering, Computer Science or System engineering).
· 10+ years of experience, minimum 5 years of alarm system design experience
· Must have at minimum a Secret clearance
· Ability to travel internationally. Must obtain a U.S. passport – 15% travel
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.