Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites. Perform software development tasks including analysis, design, development, unit and integration testing, troubleshooting and documentation. Provides application development and technical support for customer websites. Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements. Plans, schedules and conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action. May prepare technical user guides. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
Unique Additional RequirementsA trained professional who applies advanced methods, theories, research, and training techniques to the solution of advanced web application design and troubleshooting. Experience performing software development tasks including analysis, design, development, unit and integration testing, troubleshooting and documentation. Must demonstrate strong written communication skills to produce and deliver required reports and briefing materials.
Must have experience in the following:
- Core knowledge of Java, Java EE including the Java Collections Framework (JCF), Java servlet's and EJBs.
- Knowledge of Web Servers, Java Application servers and Servlet Containers such as JBOSS Wildfly, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, and Jetty.
- Knowledge of Geospatial concepts, imagery, overlays, vectors, point features, and KML, GeoJSON, OVL.
- Knowledge of the Java API for XML(JAX) and the familiarity with KML and Java API for KML(JAK).
- Web Services knowledge (SOAP and REST), Filters, Handlers, Servlets, Server Sent Events (SSE), and Web Sockets.
- Familiarity with the Netbeans, Netbeans plug-in framework.
- Familiarity with version control system (Subversion, JIRA, Git), and team collaboration software (Confluence), and ability to adhere to specified coding standards.
- Understanding of Joint and Army C4I systems/interfaces/data such as GCCS-J, GCCS-A, CPCE, SitaWare or DDS a plus.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must obtain DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification within 90 days of hire.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
- Candidate must obtain one or more of the following certifications within 6 months of hire: Agile, SCRUM, Ozone, Java, PMP, CISSP, CAPM.
Top Secret Clearance is required.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.