Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Systems Engineer at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Engineer joining our team.
HOW A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Strong understanding of Microsoft SCCM, developing and managing multiple collections and task sequences, and adapting to meet changing requirements ● Experience with Microsoft PowerShell scripting to perform software packaging, enterprise data queries, and sequenced operations across enterprise systems ● Development of enterprise standard Windows operating system for all supported hardware platforms, based on latest commercial release, and compliant with DISA STIG requirements ● Performing remote enterprise operating system upgrade and troubleshooting associated issues ● Integration testing, packaging and deployment of enterprise applications experience ● Familiarity with commercial web browser management and DISA STIG implementation ● Deployment experience of security patches for enterprise systems ● Expertise as a systems administrator with Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and Office 2016 or later applications include tier 3 troubleshooting, issue resolution and customer service
● Independently provides technical interpretation and solutions in the management of networks, software, configurations, and architecture
● Troubleshoots system software specific issues
● Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
● Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
● Ensures workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software solutions
● Conducts software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines ● Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users ● Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience ● May evaluate existing systems and assist with planning long-term strategies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED: ● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science ● Required Experience: 2+ years of related experience ● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly ● Required Skills and Abilities: communication and problem solving ● Location: On Site ● US Citizenship Required ● Certification: Level II 8570 (Security+ CE or equivalent
● Shift: Day Shift
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE: ● 401K with company match ● Comprehensive health and wellness packages ● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career ● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications ● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
#IT MD POLY
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.