Responsible for the design and development of voice video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The successful candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Wide Area Networking (WAN) telecommunications to include DWDM, SDH, IP/MPS, and RF network analysis. The SME position will draw upon experience and understanding of theory, architecture, design, implementation, and network management practices in the telecommunications industry and provide guidance to the customer and other team members. Research new communications technologies and trends, interpret and document network specifications and technical documentation related to telecommunications networks. Develop network models using MS Visio, Powerpoint and GIS tools such as ESRI ArcPro/ArcMap.
1. Hands on experience with solid networking knowledge of routers, switches, DWDM, SDH/SONET, Optic Networks (OTN), Microwave, VSAT, cellular and satellite networks
2. Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS), and secure networking practices such as firewalls, encryption, and screening routers
3. Solid understanding of communications protocols and techniques to include TCP/IP, MPLS, VPNs, Voice Over IP (VOIP), SIP/RTP, SS7, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), and Optical Transport Networking (OTN)
4. Experience with RF Antenna theory and installation practice
5. Experience with propagation modeling, and the parameters to determine link budget
6. Advises on antenna placement for optimal performance
7. Understanding of modulation techniques incorporated into RF transmission systems
BA/BS in any related discipline
10+ years of customer experience.
Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and modeling techniques is preferred.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.