**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
Must possess IAM level III certification (CISSP / CISM / GSLC)
A SCATE requires technical knowledge in a majority of the following: • DCID 6/3 or !CD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process; • Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology; • System methodologies including: client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls; WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers; • Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products; • Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X administration;
• VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms.
(U) A SCATE requires technical experience in a majority of the following: • Configuring and supporting Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, and other operating systems; • Configuring and supporting VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms; • Software engineering; • Program design and implementation; • Configuration management; • System maintenance; • Integration testing; • Information system engineering; • Penetration testing and analysis; • System certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation; • Research, development, integration, and distribution of IS security tools and associated documentation; • Security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation.
Benefits of this Position:
Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
Onsite Gym get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
Professional Development Assistance Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
401K Match with 100% vesting on day one
Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.