1. Participates in the analysis administration and maintenance of voice video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Assists in managing the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in network installations and upgrades.
6. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
7. Provides advice and training to end-users.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems.
9. Develops current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
CERTIFICATIONS: >MUST< meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificates:
• Security+ • Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server or equivalent • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
0-2 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Must have intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks. This experience must include administrating corporate or business' user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, WWW servers. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks to include: • Microsoft Enterprise Server 2008/2012 or later version • Microsoft Windows Operating Systems • Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (or later version) and other mail applications (local and remote) • Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 or later version • Network Server Backup • DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Domain Controllers • Site specific equipment listed in the task order
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.