GDIT is seeking an Administrative Assistant in support of a US Army animal research agency at Fort Detrick MD.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Direct phone calls and visitors to appropriate staff members.
• Respond to doorbells, knocks, phone calls for individuals requesting building entry. Escort visitors to appropriate areas.
• Continual daily monitoring of the central email account for incoming correspondence.
• Process submissions received from DoD scientists.
• Respond to email queries regarding submissions or forward message to senior staff for response when necessary and annotate the individual responsible for processing each message
• Maintain accurate archive records, including all received and sent correspondence in an organized fashion to allow later reference as needed.
• Notify scientific investigators of upcoming submission deadlines and issue reminder notices to correspondents at appropriate intervals in accordance with office policy.
• Receive electronic or hard copies of new proposals and protocols, amendments, or modifications into appropriate electronic systems.
• Create review package in paper or electronic files
• Substantiate presence of all required documentation in each file and input this information into a database.
• Update the database as needed to maintain accurate data on each proposal.
• Assist senior staff in identifying problems, recommending solutions, and making data entry corrections as needed in support of office staff.
• Participate actively in all meetings regarding development and maintenance of Electronic Grants System (EGS) modules. Participate in testing of new modules and upgrades and provide input to developers regarding accuracy of processes and issues with operation.
• Provide ongoing guidance to office staff regarding utilization of the system and evolution of user guides.
• Be aware that files maintained by this office are sensitive to the public and are proprietary in nature and must be maintained securely.
1+ years of relevant experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be highly organized, detailed oriented and punctual
Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and proficient with computer systems/databases
Experience in management of administrative documen
Preferred but not required -
Prior experience in a veterinary or animal research field - comfortable with animal research data
Prior administrative experience supporting an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or the DoD a plus
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.