At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team to support The National Institutes of Health (NIH) activities in Bethesda, MD. As a Technical Writer supporting NIH, you will collaborate with Project Managers, technical staff and the client to deliver project status reporting and proactively develop improvements to existing reports, as well as new reports. You will be part of a 80-member team supporting the Network Services area of NIH that supports all outbound and inbound connectivity across the entire network enterprise.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
• General Dynamics Information Technology is an industry leader in the delivery of IT support to a range of government agencies.
• You will have the ability to interface with executive level clients.
• You will interface with GDIT program leadership to execute designated requirements, as well as have the abililty to provide innovative new solutions.
• You will have the ability to interface with technical resources to help translate requirements from technical jargon to executive level communications.
• You will report to the PMO lead but will operate in a primarily autonomous setting.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Collaborate with the Network Services team, including security, design, engineering, operations, and project management, spanning a total of 80 people. You will also collaborate with our NIH clients across the enterprise to deliver cutting-edge technical solutions.
• Perform daily project status assessments with the PMO team, and also engage with technical resources. You will translate raw data into executive-level presentations in MS Power Point, Word and Excel.
• Maintain a variety of reports daily for ad-hoc inquiries, as well as scheduled delivery and meeting-related support.
• Translate a range of technically-focused reporting into a clear, concise message that is easily understood by non-technical executives.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five years relevant experience.
Experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
Knowledge of SharePoint (will be used for repository of documentation).
Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.