The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on software developer with experience with application development to customer specifications. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and software development and the proven ability to fashion robust solutions. They must be at ease working in an Agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
1. Experience with application development in Java (Android) and Windows
application development in C, C++, or C#.
2. Background or interest in computer forensics is a plus.
3. Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
4. Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. We are seeking a software engineer with experience and/or familiarity with the following
* Experience in modern programming languages like Java, C#, Python, etc.
* Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
* Experience with building APIs and libraries.
1. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
2. Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management
3. Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
4. Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
5. Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other
6. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and
7. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
8. Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 2+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.