We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Change Release Manager joining our team to support our government client’s activities in the Northern Virginia locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Change Release Manager supports and
manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects.
· Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned task(s), including contract and subcontractor management.
· Supervises assigned staff.
· Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
· May also perform high level technical services on assigned task(s).
· Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
· Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
· Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
· Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
· Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required.
5+ years of related experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
The Change and Release Manager provides a total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components.
· Is knowledgeable in life cycle support, including maintenance, administration and management.
· Creates, drafts, and views program documentation, generates formal review documentation, and participates in system and program reviews.
· Participates in formal and informal reviews to determine quality.
· Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, multiple projects and requests for changes, adds, and moves, as well as the associated tasking to various work centers, etc.
· Must have strong and proven written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong customer service and customer interfacing skills.
· Critical attention to detail and sense of organizational skills a must
· Ensures coordination and information flow between programs within the organization.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested.
Please Note: Outstanding Location! Close to Rt. 66, Rt. 28 and Dulles Toll Road. Free 24-hour access to the location state of the art gym, on-site dry cleaners, hair salon, parking and outstanding cafeteria with Starbucks available at site. Come and join us!
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.