We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Finance Supervisor joining our team at our Falls Church, VA location.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs financial analysis and reporting associated with business operations for a major program.
· Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis.
· Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
· Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
· Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
· Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
· Participates in the preparation of cost proposals.
· Conducts audits and analysis of their organization’s direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
· Will have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
· Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, SOX and other government regulations.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Manage/supervise staff of two in support of major program.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent discipline plus 5+ years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in relevant discipline plus 3+ years of relevant experience; in lieu of bachelor's degree, must have nine years related experience
· Experience in Government Contracting
· Strong forecasting skills with the ability to understand the impact of business decisions on P&L
· Strong understanding of CAS and FAR regulations with the ability to decide appropriate action for routine contractual and financial reporting based on interpretation of FAR and CAS.
· Strong understanding of accounts receivable and collection cycles with the ability to exercise cash management techniques
· Ability to prepare/review pricing with recommendations for Management
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookups and pivot tables)
· US Citizenship for systems access
· Hyperion/ESSBASE/SmartView/Oracle experience
· Ability to analyze, interpret and compile information from a variety of sources
· Function independently, consistently meeting deadlines with little management guidance
· Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
· Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead, strong problem solving abilities, and a strong customer service focus.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.