Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is looking for energized leaders that have an excellent understanding of shipboard installations and can manage and lead a team of tradesman to accomplish some of the most important tasking that allows our Navy Ships to get underway. This is an exciting opportunity to join the GDIT premier ship modernization team on the waterfront with over 30 years of continuous government tasking. GDIT offers a stable work environment, great benefits, team atmosphere with multiple opportunities for advancement as you continue to grow with our GDIT team. GDIT is looking to hire Individuals who are enthusiastic, hardworking, talented, and can manage and lead up to 15 people in the successful performance of assigned tasking onboard US Navy Ships. The following skills are preferred:
1. Has an excellent understanding of requirements involved with leading an Alteration Installation Team (AIT).
2. Able to provide technical and mechanical support as well as administrative and operational leadership to assigned task(s) including managing subcontractors and vendors.
3. Participates in the development and tracking of project plans and able to forecast the need of resources to keep the tasks on target. This also includes being able to perform task reporting utilizing Microsoft word, Excel for tracking and other Microsoft products as needed.
4. Individual must have hands on experience and be able to support the team as required on assigned tasks. Mus be able to move freely around ships as to obtain real status of the current tasking.
5. Be a problem solver and work with the team to meet the objectives and delivery dates, request support as needed. Inform the Project Manager of delays so roadblocks can be cleared.
6. Lead by example and participate in the tasking
7. Attend customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison with the OSIC or other Shipyard/Navy personnel. Be able to have clear and precise communication at all levels.
8. Coordinate and participate in the development of deliverables and products. Works with all TEAM members to ensure accuracy and timely submission to project Manager.
9. Ensure quality of project work and environmental health and safety of assigned personnel on the Team.
10. Maintain all daily reporting (time trackers, musters, toolbox training, PPE needs of waterfront TEAM and daily reports, at a minimum). Updates Project Manager on those requirements.
11. Knowledge and familiarization with NAVSEA Standard Items, condition reports, ship drawings, and incident/injury reporting procedures and processes.
12. Understand financial reporting and the management costs incurred to report financial and operational progress.
Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of task leadership experience or 8+ years of experience in a skilled trade (mechanical, electrical, structural) and 5+ years of task leadership experience. Navy experience valued.
Must be a US Citizen
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $88,000 - $132,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.