Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
GDIT is supporting EPA's Office of Environmental Information under the Infrastructure Support and Applications Hosting task order. The purpose of this contract is to develop and operate EPA's infrastructure and application platforms to be reliable, secure, and technologically advanced. The services obtained under this contract support the entirety of EPA at all geographic locations and numerous research facilities across the United States. The services consist of data center management, application hosting, application deployment/maintenance,
geospatial service support, network security, cyber security, cloud computing, COOP support, and Enterprise Identity and Access Management (EIAM) and Active Directory (AD). The primary work location will be remote, but the candidate must live near Washington, DC.
There will be requirements for this position to go into the EPA HQ facilities to assist with cabling and other desire tasks.
We are currently seeking a DDI Engineering Senior with a focus area of DNS/DHCP/IPAM (DDI) to join our team supporting the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Networks and Security Operations Division. The role will involve support of the agencies four data center locations and WAN support to about 100 remote sites. The LAN and WAN implementation is mostly a Cisco environment. Normal network teams and interfacing with the WAN managed service provider; also work on projects dealing with changes to DDI configurations.
The candidate for this position will perform the following duties and tasks:
• Familiarity with scripting languages (bash, perl, python)
• Experience with Database (Postgres/MySQL)
• Networking fundamentals (subnets, netmasks, gateways, and network boundaries)
• Basic knowledge of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and HTTP protocols
• Understanding of DNSSEC
• Basic server hardware troubleshooting
• Experience with Infoblox DDI
• Experience with Infoblox REST API
• Update the DNS/DHCP/IPAM infrastructure as needed.
• Update diagrams for DDI architecture using Microsoft Visio
• Troubleshoot DDI issues with multiple teams
• Perform DDI configuration using both GUI and CLI commands
• Submit and respond to tickets using a central ticketing system such as ServiceNow
• Provide reports as needed using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Submit and perform changes in the agency system
• Provide outage notifications and update outage reports
• Assign IP addresses using the agency IPAM system / Provide subnet assignments as required
• Perform analysis of DNS traffic issues
Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate system documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for DDI equipment.
• Other duties may include, packet capture and analysis, change management, and inventory management processes.
• Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
• Has frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
The Candidate must have the following qualifications and abilities:
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management system implementation.
Must have understanding of DHCP and DNS interaction with servers and client systems.
• Senior level experience with DDI GUI configuration and CLI commands (VitalQIP, InfoBlox and Bluecat)
• Experience using a central ticketing system such as ServiceNow
• Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience using Microsoft Visio for drawings
• Experience following a change management system to submit and perform changes
• Use of a network monitoring system to alert via SNMP on device failures
• Ability to use Wire Shark to obtain network traces and perform analysis
• Ideal candidate will have the following:
• VitalQIP experience
• Network troubleshooting experience
• Postgres/MySQL experience
BS or equivalent + 4 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs experience
RHSA (Strongly desired)
CCENT or equivalent (Desired)
4 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.