We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Linux Systems Administrator Senior joining our team to support one of our Maryland customers.
Seeking a Senior Systems Administrator with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Linux Systems Administration.
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations (Tier 1 / 3), problem identification, diagnosis and resolution), installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
Respond to customer calls and requests as well as assist with infrastructure changes and other duties/assignments as they arrive.
Heterogeneous environment so knowledge of Windows, VMWare and Networking a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Experience in LINUX system administration, including installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software utilizing monitoring technologies, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze Linux systems and networks efficiently
• Master’s Degree and 4 years’ of experience, Bachelor's Degree and 6 years' of experience, Associate Degree and 10 years’ experience or High School Grad and 12 years’ experience in System Administration.
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED.
• Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE with POLYGRAPH
• Extensive knowledge of Centrify
• Knowledge of ACAS scans and STE/STN requirements
• Knowledge of RedHat 8 and RedHat satellite server
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.