Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Discover a career that is challenging, impactful, and mission-critical. Join our team as an Administrative Assistant and make an impact on our customer. While you help us advance the mission, we’ll help advance your career.
HOW AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• The AA must be able to multi-task and manage a high volume of material and documentation; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and ability to adapt to situational changes.
• The office hosts, on average, 17 MO courses and 6 Student Orientations per calendar year.
• The office has three teams that support this training. The AA is assigned to support across all three teams, in conjunction with a second AA.
• The AA primarily supports course curriculum but may also be asked to provide back-up/ad hoc support to other programs and activities on occasion.
• The AA will support a wide range of administrative processes related to facilities management, email communication, human resources, printing, information management, logistics, procurement, medical, security, and general administration for courses.
• Candidate must be able to commute to 2 primary locations, based on training needs, Chantilly or Reston.
• The great majority of time will be split between the Reston, VA campus and the Chantilly, VA location. In summer 2023, the Reston and Chantilly offices and classrooms will move to the Chantilly, VA location.
• A POV is required however AAs are eligible for reimbursement of POV mileage.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
HS Diploma and 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
TS/SCI with Polygraph
During the running of MO, the typical arrival time will be 0630-0700. When MO is not in session, the core hours and arrival/departure times are flexible with task management approval. Approximately 20 times per year, each AA will travel to McLean for Orientation (Day 1 of class), arrival time 0600 and is expected to work a 10-hour shift.
Proficient Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
The position is on customer site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
401K with company match
Comprehensive health and wellness packages
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certification
Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.