Designs evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
Senior Engineer to provide mechanical test and inspection (T&I), cataloging, and warehousing of the customer's specialized products.
1. Conducts Operational Readiness test and inspection of incoming and outgoing devices to ensure all program products are properly tested and inspected per customer guidelines.
2. Performs acceptance testing on devices delivered from mission partners and vendors, to include evaluation operation instructions on new items and revising the off-the-shelf catalog.
3. Evaluates returned devices for suitability, including recommendations for reuse, repair, or disposal and make repairs to devices where applicable using skilled woodworking and refinishing techniques.
4. Advises program managers and customer POCs of quality problems encountered while performing the T&I function.
5. Maintains the customer's web-based unique products catalog.
6. Converts data and documentation into properly formatted web-acceptable data.
7. Applies test methodology and equipment knowledge to improve, recommend change, and provide solutions to the customer's Capabilities Roadmap.
8. Creates and updates test plans and procedures as directed.
BS in any discipline.
5+ years of relevant experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.