Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
Monitor network performance and integrity
Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
Communicate with users when needed
Maintain complete technical documentation
Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
May perform network administration duties.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. 3+ years of Cisco experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
2. 3+ years of Juniper experience, certifications preferred JNCIA, or higher.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
4. Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
5. Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, and MPLS, BFD.
6. Knowledge of Hierarchical Network design and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
7. Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
8. Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
9. Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
10. Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
11. Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
12. Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
13. Experience with crypto devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
Must have at least one CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT or similar network certification.
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and have the ability to obtain Poly
Must have and maintain an IAT II Certification
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.