Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Engineering
Information Technology Management
Requisition Type: Regular
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Job Description: GDIT is looking for an Engineering Design Lead to direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects for the USCENTCOM Information Technology Services (CITS) Program supporting the USCENTCOM J6 in Tampa, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities: As the Engineering Design Lead for the CITS Program, leads the development, delivery and amendment of the IT Management Strategy for the USCENTCOM J6. Leads the Engineering teams performing network and cyber security engineering, system engineering, software development, test and integration, project and program management, database administration, and new technology assessments. Provides subject matter expertise on improving theater and HQ enterprise network operational capabilities in support of the USCENTCOM Commander’s priorities though implementation of disciplined program, project, and engineering processes. Additionally, ensures that all IT engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization's established policies, procedures, and objectives. Supports Service Design and Transition actions and implements Continual Service Improvement tasks in coordination with operations teams. Drives vendor engagements to ensure responsive Tier IV support and to ensure technology innovation analysis to best inform future enterprise consideration.
- Work with the CSI Lead and evaluate impacts of recommended initiatives and projects and drive delivery of advanced ITSM processes and tooling solutions that meet the customers use cases
- Champion organizational change management efforts that impact internal engineering, operations, and service delivery operations within programs technical teams
- Directly support teams with unique Service Delivery related strategy and design, and partner with the operations team to bring designed capabilities online and deployed across the environment
- Partner with the quality team to implement an effective quality management program that covers all elements of technical delivery to measure and provide insights into customer experience
- Implement best practices for the Enterprise to include ITIL, Agile, PMBOK frameworks for delivering IT Services work that include use of MS Project Scheduling, Detailed Resource Planning, performance tracking, and workload prioritization of the combined teams to effectively meet customer milestones
- Support the development of status work products, to include briefing materials that showcase accurate service delivery metrics and team performance to mission outcomes
- Maintain key customer relationships to support strategic tech insertion and lifecycle replacement of IT hardware for the entire IT Enterprise
Education and/or Certifications: Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in computer science, engineering, or a related field of study and at least 10 years of experience
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- Applicable DoD 8140 or DoD 8570 Certification
- Master’s Degree with a focus in computer science, engineering, or a related field of study
- ITIL Expert or ITIL Managing Professional Certification
- 10 years+ of progressive technical implementation, team leadership, and customer relationship experience
- Skilled in utilizing best practice engineering methods
- Experience leading program execution of service strategy, design, and transition to Operations and Sustainment for a large Defense customer
- Experience in strategic planning, including contributing recommendations with supporting data and preparing and executing action plans
- Proven proficiency in analyzing, evaluating, and overcoming program risks across multiple project teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of incident management, problem management, change management, Knowledge management as well as request fulfillment
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience supporting high-level and Senior Government Executive customers with IT requirements
- Experience with USCENTCOM and familiarity with its mission
- Knowledge and familiarity with USCENTCOM’s IT environment
Clearance Requirement: - Active TS/SCI
Years of Experience
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
ITIL 4 Foundations - ITIL
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.