Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System extended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
2. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
3. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
4. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
5. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
6. Provides troubleshooting and support.
7. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
8. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
10. Analyses customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. 3+ years of experience required.
2. Must possess and maintain a secret clearance.
3. Must possess and maintain the CompTIA Security+ CE Certification. The CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. Also acceptable are alternative certifications.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
6. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment up to 50lbs.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.